Objective, Concepts and Who Benefits
This outlines the objective and concepts of CommerceExpert/WebClerk application. It then outlines who uses the applicaion in a company.
The objective of CommerceExpert/WebClerk software is to increase profitable sales.
• Profit is the difference between the value brought to the market and the cost to compete.
• Be sales driven. The customer pays for everything. Give customers the value they want at a reasonable price with excellent service and support. It is not a sale until the check clears the bank.
• Control costs, create a smooth flow of effort from the marketing to selling, production, support, delivery and collection.
• Measure these efforts to assure they bring the best reasonable value at the least reasonable cost. Traditionally, direct labor is extensively while burden tasks are unmeasured. Change this so every effort’s costs and benefit becomes visible.
• Judgment is the most valuable commodity in the art of business. Implement a process of applying judgment by personally assigning someone to every task or action. They are responsible to complete the action by the date time determined or communicate to others what operational and customer changes need to be made.
Computers remember, transmit data and calculate well. Use technology to document, distribute actions and convert data to information. Allow people to apply judgment and communicate.
Specific Responsibilities facilitated by CommerceExpert/WebClerk
As enterprise software, CommerceExpert/WebClerk will be used by people through the organization to achieve the specific tasks.
Executive (CEO, CFO, President, etc...)
Make decisions based on easily distilled information.
Have details at your finger tips regardless of location.
Reinforce successes, cut less effective efforts.
Project the company’s objectives in written form.
Market and project the planned effectiveness of a marketing effort.
Review the actual results.
Track specific product results.
Use documented customer concerns to shape future products/efforts.
Generate activity through action dates.
Write complete orders that are clear and usable by both the customer and the internal operations of the company.
Operate from remote locations and post details of daily actions, proposals, orders, service records, etc… into the company’s central memory.
Review price and cost history
Service desk details and documents customer concerns.
Bill for Service Department activities.
Communicate Order status.
Manage Return Material Authorizations (RMA’s).
Manage Data Synchronization with Remote Users.
Forecast needs for production and purchasing.
Manage suggested reorder.
Manage products, services, specifications and on-line catalog.
Set item special instructions.
Track and implement actions relative to Sales Orders.
Create, assign and track Work Orders as deemed appropriate.
Trap Time and Material usages as desired to audit cost controls.
Create and implement Product labeling/Serial Number assignment.
Issue pick tickets.
Report Inventory Turns.
Obtain appropriate sign-offs.
Review cost history
Approve Credit level.
Structure the chart of account and distribution tables so sales information is translated into dollars by account code.
Supervise receivables collection
Process Sales, Cash and Purchase Journals
Maintain audit trails and history.
Apply payments to receivables
Manage G&A expenses.
End of month/year procedures.
Set security levels
Use the synchronization features to manage the data within the database so internal and external people have the appropriate data.
Serial number structure and procedures
Barcode structure and procedures
Control Access levels
Maintain shipping cost charts.
List preferred shipping methods.
Coordinate with Customer Service and implement customer specific shipping instructions.
Enterprise Software for Growing Companies - Be Sales Driven