The Customers menu contains choices for searching for a "Customer's" record, as well as actions to be taken on records. The following is an explanation for each choice in the Customers menu.
• Add Customer... opens a new [Customer] record to be filled out. The next section explains the fields in the [Customer] record in detail.
• Find Customer... opens the "Quick Search" dialog box to locate a [Customer] record or records which match the criteria entered in the "Search" fields.
• Open Last Record... locates the previous [Customer] record opened. If a record has not been opened since starting up CommerceExpert/WebClerk, no record opens.
• All Customers... opens an output layout of all [Customer] records in the database.
• Search by Customer #... opens a dialog box for input of the Customer number.
• Search Contacts Last Name... opens a dialog box for input of the criteria for the Search. The database then Searches for a [Contact] record by the criteria. If more than one Contact shares the same Contact last name, an Output layout displays all those [Contact] records. Open the desired record by double-clicking it.
• By Last Sales... Searches for Customers with the date of Last Sale falling within the dates designated by you in a dialog box. The found Customers are listed in an Output layout. From the Output layout letters can be generated, records viewed or reports printed.
• By Amount Receivable... locates [Customer] records that have a "Balance Due". When "By Amount Receivable" is selected all accounts with 30, 60, and 90 day old receivables are listed.
• By Date Opened... searches for [Customer] records created during a time period designated in the dialog box. Found [Customer] records are listed in an Output layout.
From the Output layout, letters can be generated, records viewed or reports printed.
• Add Show Leads is a layout provided for the quick input of Leads to be viewed, evaluated and used for follow-up. This information can be transferred to an existing [Customer] record or used to create a new [Customer] record and/or [Order] record.
• Find Show Leads... opens the "Quick Search" dialog box. It is the same "Quick Search" dialog box as explained above.
• All Show Leads... opens an Output layout displaying all the Show Leads in CommerceExpert/WebClerk.
• Search by Lead #... opens a dialog box for input of the Lead number.