When data is Exported, a "Text" file is created that can be opened by, or Imported into other applications. If data is being Exported for use with another application, see that application's documentation for information on Importing data. In some cases the Exported data may need to be edited, prior to being Imported into another application.
Play Movie: t1_Expor.MOV
CommerceExpert/WebClerk Exports the records in the current selection and in the current Sort order. For example, if the current selection contains only the records of Sales Representatives in Arizona, CommerceExpert/WebClerk exports only this set of records.
The option of selecting the fields to be Exported is done in the "Export Editor".
To Export data, follow these steps:
1. File menu > Export General...
The "Export Editor" opens. On the left is the File and Field list of data Items that are available to be Exported. On the right is an empty list of the field which have been selected for Exporting. In the center are buttons for controlling the Export.
When this screen is opened it automatically loads in the file and current selection last opened. For example, if you had just been viewing a list of 20 Orders that were shipped yesterday, the "Export Editor" would open with Orders as the chosen file and 20 in the records in the "Selection" field.
To change the file, click and hold on the file choice Popup title. In the example shown on the previous page, click and hold on the word "Customers". A Popup list of all files appears. Scroll down and highlight the file desired.
2. Choose the file from which fields are to be Exported.
3. Choose the fields that need to be Exported. All fields in the selected file are listed under the file title. Double click or highlight the field from the list and click on the "Add" button to move it to the "Export Fields" area.
If a field in the "Export Field" area needs to be removed, highlight the field in the "Export Fields" area and click on the "Sub" button.
If a field needs to be inserted between two fields currently in the "Export Field" area, highlight the field desired from the list of fields area, highlight the field for the insertion to occure and click on the" Insert" button.
4. In the middle lower part of the "Export Editor" there is a status box of the number of records in the file and the number of records in the current selection. If the desired records are not the ones in the current selection click on the "Search" button.
The "Search Editor" opens. The desired data can be located using the "Search" feature.
5. Click on "Export". A dialog box opens asking for a name and location for the "Exported Text" data.
6. Name the "Expor" file and choose the location. Click "Save". A screen notes the progress of the "Export" procedure.
7. If information is going to be regularly Exported, the file and field set ups may be saved. To save the Set up, click on the "Save" button. A dialog box opens asking for the name and location for the Export Set up. Click the "Save" button after the name has been entered. When the set up is needed at a later time click on the "Load" button. A dialog box opens asking for the location of the set up. Choose the Set up and open it.
8. The "Option" button is used if the "Exported Text" needs to be formatted using other delimiters than tab and return. This allows other choices for Exporting files.
9. The "Calc" button will send the data out to the spreadsheet that is part of the program. The "Write" button will create referencing to the selected fields in a word processor. The "Html" button creates an HTML page with the specified fields which can be used to develop web pages for use with "webClerk".