Going directly from an Order to a Purchase Order
This Technical Note explains the procedure to go directly from an Order to a Purchase Order. This is used when an Item that has been ordered by your Customer requires you to make a purchase from one of your Vendors. This explains the procedure to initiate the PO without leaving the Order.
You are familiar with creating Orders and Purchase Orders within CommerceExpert/WebClerk.
1. Take the normal steps to create an Order. Entering all Line Items.
2. Navigate to the "Invoices" page of the Order.
3. Highlight the Items for the PO. The "Shift" key can be used to select contiguous records. The "Command" key can be used to select dis-contiguous records.
4. Click on the "+" side of the "PO Lines" button to add the Item to a new or existing PO.
5. There is the option of adding the Items to an existing PO. You would need to type in the PO number and select "Add to existing PO". Otherwise leave the selection of "New PO" and click the "OK" button. A new "PO" record opens with the Items entered as Line Items.
6. If the Order has a Customer PO number entered you would see it in the top right area in the "Cust PO" field. If you double click on the Line Items you will see the Order number in the Item detail.
7. Enter the Vendor and complete the Purchase Order. It can be printed at this time also. Click the "OK" button to return to the Order.
Other Items can then be added to another PO. This would be necessary if Items are purchased from more than one Vendor.
All PO lines that are attached to the Order are displayed in the lower right hand side of the "Invoice" page.
To go directly to the PO for one of the displayed PO lines, highlight the line and click on the "Delta" side to the "PO Lines" button.