Payments In Invoices/Orders
Payments may be noted directly in an order record or directly applied in an invoice record.
Payments Directly Through the Order Record
If you have payment information at the Order time it can be entered in the "Order" record. This is done the same way as explained above for the "Invoice" record.
If you have a pre-payment or deposit this is a good way to handle that information. Please note however that the payment information will not automatically relate to the Invoice(s) as it is created.
Payment from an Order can be applied to an Invoice in three different ways.
1. From the Output screen of Invoices, use the "Apply Payment" button.
2. From the Input screen of the Invoice, use the "Appl" button.
3. From the payment window.
1. Inv menu > the Add Payment
2. Type in the name of the Customer and "Tab" out of the field. The open Invoices and payments list in the screen.
3. Highlight the Invoice and the payment. As you do this the Invoice unpaid amount fills in the "Amount" field and the "Amt Available", from the payment, fills in the "Apply Amt" field. (The "Apply Amt" can be modified.)
4. Click on the "Pay Invoice" button.
Payments Directly Through an Invoice Record
Another way to add a payment is directly in the "Invoice" record. This can be done at the time the Invoice is created or applied later.
To apply a payment directly in the "Invoice" record follow the steps below:
1. Locate and open the Invoice that is being paid.
2. Click on the "Add"(+) button to add a payment for this Invoice.
3. The "Enter Payment" screen opens for input of payment information.
4. Click the "OK" button and return to the "Invoice" record. The "Unpaid Amt" is changed.