QuickReport Invoice Sales Analysis
This Tech Note deals with creating a "QuickReport" to analyze historical information on Invoices. This information includes quantity of Items sold and to whom sold.
You are familiar with the "QuickReport" feature in CommerceExpert/WebClerk.
You are familiar with the "Search" feature of CommerceExpert/WebClerk.
You are familiar with the "Trans" button in the Invoice Output screen. (see "Invoice")
Creating the Invoice Sales Analysis Report
1. Action menu > Search. Search for the Invoices to be used in the report. For example, under the Orders field “ShipOnDate” is greater then 9/1/96 and “ShipOnDate” is less then 10/1/96.
2. Afer the Search criteria is entered click the “Build” then “Execute” buttons after the Search is complete click the "OK" button and an Output screen opens listing the Invoices.
3. Click on the "Trans" button, located at the bottom of the Output screen, confirm this by clicking “OK” in the dialog box. This creates a Direct file out of all Line Items in the Invoices displayed in the Output screen.
As the files are created there is no visible display. The length of time it takes depends on the number of record in the Output screen.
4. File menu > Print QuickReport
The "QuickReport Editor" opens.
5. Drag "ItemNum" and "Description" from the List of Fields into the report.
6. Click and hold your mouse in between the two arrows directly below the words "QuickReport Editor".
A menu of all other files in CommerceExpert/WebClerk is displayed. Choose "Customers".
7. Select the field "Company" as the third column in your report.
8. Click and hold your mouse in between the two arrows again, and select "InvLines".
9. Make the next three columns be "QtyShipped", "ExtendedPrice", and "ExtendedCost".
10. Edit menu > Insert Column
This inserts a blank column.
11. Other menu > Edit a Formula
This opens the "Formula Editor".
12. Using the fields listed in the middle scroll area and the keyboard, create the formula: ((ExtendedPrice-ExtendedCost)/ExtendedPrice)*100. Click on the "OK" button.
13. Using the "Sort" feature, sort first by "ItemNum" and then by "Description".
14. Highlight the "Total" (T) row and then choose: Edit menu > Insert Break .
15. Sum the "ExtendedPrice", "ExtendedCost" and "Profit" row.( Sample of the format)
16. File menu > Page Setup
You can put titles, page numbers and dates on the report.
17. File menu > Save
Title this report "QR[InvLns] Invoice Sales Analys". Put it in the" jitReports" folder.
18. Click on "Print" to print the report. Click "OK" to return to the splash screen.
19. When you are finished with the report, the records created in the "InvLines" file can be deleted. Edit menu > Select All and then Actions menu > Delete/Void.