Forums are a powerful way to extend the value of your site, increase your value to your community, improve service and reduce your communications costs.
Forums are multi-way communication records. It allows customers to read and respond to the problems and benefits experienced by you, your support system and other customers.
1. Create 1 Forum record.
2. Delete 1 Forum record.
3. Populate the search choices.
wcLibrary1 wcLibrary2 Library Libraries WebClerk
1. Create a Forum Record.
a. GOTO Dept Menu, Admin. Then GOTO >>WebClerk >>Forum Published. The screen below is shown.
b. Enter in descriptive information in the header. For this example enter the following:
Subject: Test 1
Topic: Test 2
Purpose: Test 3
Body: This is a test.
c. This creates an internal Forum record within the database.
2. To publish and view the library entry from your website:
a. Put a value of 1 in the Publish field (top right side of screen).
b. To have the profiles of Subject, Topic, and Purpose be displayed from the WebSite when a user chooses to search your Forum, you will need to populate the popups of the Forum search engine. This can be done in two ways.
1. Populate popups from the WebSite Editor. (This eliminates having to open the html page, ForumSrch.html, to do the editing.)
a. GOTO Dept Menu, Admin >> WebClerk >> Website Editor. From the Website Editor highlite the HTML page ForumSrch.html.
b. Click on "update choice list" and choose OK to update standard choice lists. The profiles which you entered now appear in the web page.
2. Goto your html editor, open the JITWeb folder, and open ForumSrch.html. This is the page that produces the Forum page in your web site. Within the html page, include your choices as options in the file (e.g. type type in "<option> Test 1" with the other options under the "select name ' )
c. Now that the profiles have been updated to the web page, view the Forum from your browser to see the change.
1. From your web site, Click on Forum in the Navigation Pallet, this will launch you to the FAQ search engine as shown below. (If the Forum is not in your navigation pallet, your will need to include it as a link in the index_nav.html page.)
2. Click on the first drop down menu and choose "Test1". Click submit and view your Forum entry. It should appear as shown below.