Providing web access to your data file while maintaining security is a real and valid concern. WebClerk is fireproof in its design. It has secure capabilities for processing credit card transactions.
Built in Firewall
1. Limited Record Saving. Records cannot be changed or saved from the web except as specifically allowed. The only records which are allowed to be created are new leads, new orders, new service requests and new forums.
2. Very Limited Editing. There is an option which allows properly identified users who have authenticated their password to modify their database record. This is the only edit capability in the program. Those who need to edit from the web must post a notice so the administrator can make the changes.
3. No Programming Capability. Access to the programming capability of the program is specifically and completely barred from web access.
4. Access to the hard drive of the WebClerk machine is limited to viewing pages and templates contained in the 'jitWeb' folder in the same folder as the application.
5. Response to web actions is limited to serving web pages that are in the 'jitWeb' folder and the narrowly defined tasks listed in the following commands:
• Lead_Add* Adds a lead record
• Search_User Searches for a registered user
• Register_Add* Adds a lead record and remote user record with password and name
• item_List Returns a list of Item Records found in a search
• Order_Clone Builds a list of items ordered on the last three orders. You must be signed in as a Registered User to access this feature.
• order_items Adds items to a shopping cart
• check_Out Begins the check out process, confirming a Registered User or having a new user complete the registration.
• pay_Ord* Confrims the order payment process and returns the order form so the user can print it.
• Order_Status Returns the open orders. You must be signed in as a Registered User to access this feature.
• Forum_List Returns a list of Forum messages found in a search
• Forum_Reply* Opens a Reply to an existing Forum record. You must be signed in as a Registered User to access this feature.
• Forum_New* Adds a Forum record. You must be signed in as a Registered User to access this feature.
• Service_Add* Adds a Service record documenting a support request
• FAQ_List Returns a list of FAQ records found in a search
• Tech_List Returns a list of TechNote records found in a search
• webClerk1_List Returns a list of user definable library records found in a search
• webClerk2_List Returns a list of user definable library records found in a search
* commands marked with an asterix are the only commands that can save a record.
6. Any web activity that does not call an authorized command or ask for an authorized web page is returned this message:
'!ERROR! at webClerk, no Page HTTP/1.0 200 OK MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-type: text/html'
7. Illustration of fire proof nature of the program:
Credit Card Security
Credit Card Security is provided through a credit card approval service bueareau. This service bureau makes an SSL link with your customer, accepts the encrypted credit card number, gets the banks approval, deposites the funds in your account, drops the secure link and sends you customer back to you.