Customers and Items from Insight A/R
This Technical Note explains the process of exporting Customer and Item information from Insight's A/R module so it can be imported into CommerceExpert/WebClerk.
Exporting from Insight
The "Export" feature from Insight is an application that is included in the software package. It is a separate application and is typically found in the folder with the application for A/R, G/L, A/P, Payroll, and Inventory.
1. Locate and open the Insight Export application.
2. Double Click on the "A/R 4.00 Customer" for the type of information desired. (your choice may be titled differently depending on the version of Insight you are running on)
3. Click on the "All Fields" button and leave the "Export Column Headings" activated.
4. Click on the "Export" button. You will be prompted to locate your company data from which you want to Export.
Find the data and click on the "Open" button.
Click the "Open" button again on any of the "A/R" files listed.
5. A dialog box opens for you to name and locate the "Exporting" file. Use the default name "Customer Export File" and locate it in you "A/R Date" folder. Click the "Save" button.
6. A progress indicator is displayed while the Exporting is in progress. The amount of time it takes is directly in relation to the number of records to export. When the process is complete the "Export" window is displayed again.
7. Press the "Reset List" button and using the same process as above export the "Item" Information.
Importing into CommerceExpert/WebClerk
When the Exporting is complete open CommerceExpert/WebClerk application to begin Importing. It is assumed that you have already set up a new data set for your company and are ready for Importing. If you have not set up a new data set for your company please refer to the manual to do so.
1. Open CommerceExpert/WebClerk application using your company data.
2. File menu > Import General.
Note: This is the file the information is going to enter. Make sure it is "Customers" to have the correct fields available.
3. Click on the "Open Import File" button and locate and open the file you saved as "Customer Export File" in your "A/R Data" folder.
4. When the file is open the "Column Headings" are displayed. You will use these heading to match up with fields in the "Customer" record within CommerceExpert/WebClerk.
5. The following is a list of the headings and the fields to match up to them. Make sure "Customers" is the file you are working with. The word Customers should appearin the "File" box. Use the "Arrow" keys to move the fields in the proper position. Refer to the manual if needed.
Account Code AccountCode
Address 1 Address1
Address 2 Address2
Division NOT IMPORTED
Credit Limit CreditLimit
Open Item NOT IMPORTED
Discount Level Discount
Statement Code NOT IMPORTED
Finance Code NOT IMPORTED
Tax Exempt TaxExemptID
Tax Jurisdiction TaxJuris
Total Due BalanceDue
Current Balance CurrentBalance
Period 1 Balance Due3160
Period 2 Balance Due6190
Period 3 Balance Due90Up
High Credit HighCredit
MTD Sales SalesMTD
MTD Cost NOT IMPORTED
MTD Profit NOT IMPORTED
YTD Sales SalesYTD
YTD Cost NOT IMPORTED
YTD Profit NOT IMPORTED
LY Sales SalesLastYr
LY Cost NOT IMPORTED
LY Profit NOT IMPORTED
Date Last Pay LastPayDate
Amount Last Pay LastPayAmount
Date Last Sale LastSaleDate
Amount Last Sale LastSaleAmount
Date Opened DateOpened
Average Pay Days DaysPay
Blank Space NOT IMPORTED
6. Once the fields are lined up click on the "Load Next Record" button to get rid of the Headers and load a real record.
7. Click on the "Save All" button. A warning screen opens to alert you to the possibility of not being able to reverse the procedure (actually in this case you could delete the records that were Imported if mistakes were made). Click "OK".
8. A screen opens for the input of the approximate number of records. This is only used for the Progress Indicator - an estimate is fine. Put in your estimate and click on the "OK" button.
9. While the process is running a Progress Indicator is visible. Upon
completion you return to the "Import Editor".
10. Import the "Items" in the same manner. Use the fields listed below.
Unit M UnitOfMeasure
Commissionable NOT IMPORTED
Price Rate A_Price
Sales GL SalesGLAcct
Expense GL CostGLAcct