Page Length ImageWriter
This Technical Note explains steps to adjust the paper size of ImageWriter printers. Other printers have similar adjustment capabilities.
You are familiar with your computer and can use ResEdit.
You have ResEdit.
1. Quit all running programs.
2. Navigate into the "Extensions" folder in the "System" folder and make a backup of the ImageWriter driver.
3. Launch ResEdit.
4. ResEdit file menu > Open
A standard file get box will open.
5. Navigate into the "Extensions" folder in the "System" folder.
6. Select, then open the ImageWriter driver.
7. Select, the open (double click) the “PREC” resource.
8. Adjust the number, height, width and names of paper sizes.
Widths & Heights are calculated at 120 per inch.
Example 3.5 inch labels would be 420.
Example 4.0 inch labels would be 480.
9. Save the changes and close ResEdit.
The changes will now be available in you page setup selection under File menus in all programs.