Data is summarized under the Tally menu.
EOM | Tally | EndOfMonth | EOY | EndOfYear | SalesHistory | PacingItems | ItemsByVendor | ItemOrderQuantities | AdSource | InventoryValue | InventoryChanges | PendingInventory | Receivables | TechSupport | TimeCards | Popups | Index | Duplicates | PhoneNumbers | PrimeCarrier | Archive | ConvertVersion | menu | DealerLocation | IDByQtr |
• Tally End of Month... opens a dialog window which allows you to execute most of the End of Month administrative actions at one time.
• Tally End of Year... calculates End of Year Sales and Cost of Sales per Customer and per Item.
• Tally Sales History... summarizes the [dInventory] Sales information into monthly [Usage] records. [Items] records checked [Items]TallyByType will create [Usage] records with their TypeID value instead of their [Items]ItemNum value. Unless you have very few products/services, it is recommended that you use TallyByType. Create a few, meaningful records verses many detailed records. Go to Review menu >> Item-Period Sales... to see each [Items] details.
• Tally Pacing Items... creates [TallyResults] records for Sales of pacing Items. This creates a record for each combination of Report Period, ItemNum, CustomerID and RepID. These records can then be used to create reports on any of the categories.
• Tally Items By Vendor... is useful to viewing the benefit of selling product from a specific vendor and who is selling it. Basing its data on details in [OrdLines] it creates [TallyResults] records for each combination of [OrdLines]VendorID and [OrdLines]RepID.
• [TallyResults]Purpose: ="VenRepMon"
• [TallyResults]Name: =$nameRpt+":"+[OrdLines]VendorID
• [TallyResults]CustVendID: =[OrdLines]VendorID
• [TallyResults]FileID: =File(»[Vendors])
• [TallyResults]SalesID: =[OrdLines]RepID
• Tally Mon By Sales IDCustID... Tallys by the Customer and the Month.
• Tally Sales ID by Qtr... shows sales ID by the sales person.
• Tally Open Order Amount... recalculates the open Order amount listed in [Customers] records. If an Order is processed when the [Customers] record is locked by another User, this value can get mis-aligned.
• Tally Item Order Quantities... recalculates the open Order quantities for Items.
• Tally DealerLocator... creates a list of recent sales by wholesallers, records are stored in Tally Summary. This may be viewed from the web.
• Tally Ad Sources... calculates the effectiveness of the "Active" Ad Sources.
• Tally EOM Inventory Value... calculated the value of the inventory ([Items]CostWtStd times [Items]QtyOnHand) at the end of the month and stores it in [Usage] records. This is the only date sensitive feature of the program.
• Tally Inventory Changes... updates the [Items]QtyOnHand field. The Tally adjusts inventory for entries made through the "Adjust on Hand" feature, found under the Item menu, as well as adjustments due to the creation of "Order", "Invoice" and "PO" records.
• This Tally is necessary if the "Track Inventory" box, found in the "Defaults" record, is activated (X) and the "Auto Track Inventory" box, also found in the "Defaults" record, is de-activated.
• If the "Auto Track Inventory" box is activated (X) this Tally should also be run occasionally. If the "Item" record is locked by another network User, the adjusting information is stored until the Tally is run.
• If the "Track Inventory" box is de-activated this Tally is not necessary.
• Pending Inventory Changes... opens an Output layout listing all inventory changes that have not been posted the [Items] records.
• Tally Receivables... updates [Customers] records to the current date and value of open [Invoices] and [Payments].
• Tally TechSupp to Inv... Searches [Service] records for [Service]Complete=false and [Service]NoteType="TS". It then sorts them by [Service]CustomerID and creates an [Invoices] record for each customer listing the support, pricing is based on an [Items] record with [Items]ItemNum="TechSupport". These [Service] records are created by clicking on the "Start Timer" button. Customers who have maintenance agreements will be marked as courtesy and the time deducted from the hours allocated in their agreement.
• Time Card Review... opens the "Time Card Review Editor".
• Rebuild Choice Arrays... rebuilds all the Popup choice lists or Arrays in the program. Some of these choice lists are only updated at startup. This forces a immediate rebuild.
• Index & Dups... opens the "Index and Duplicate Editor". This Editor allows you to set additional Indexed fields and to identify possible duplicate records for purging.
• Dups Customers-Leads...
• Clean Up Phone Numbers... cleans non-number characters out of phone numbers. This is important after Importing phone numbers from various sources.
• Set Prime Carrier... applies a specific [Carrier]CarrierID to the currently selected [Customers] records [Customers]ShipVia field. The [Customers]Zone is also calculated and saved.
• Archive... saves the values of the selected records in various files to a Text File and then deletes the records.
• Convert Version... when receiving upgrades tasks required to perform to convert the old data to the new are listed in this dialog window.