Adding Multiple Contacts
In this lesson you will learn how to add multiple contacts for the Customer Record.
1. Start from the Sales Splash screen. GOTO >> Depts >> Sales. Then GOTO >> Customers >> All Customers. A list of all customers will open up, double click on Beacon Sports Shop in the list. This will open the Customer General page. In the Customer General page is the Contact field, this where we will working in this lesson.
2. While John is on the phone we want to set him up as a contact for his company. This is the same layout used to add the ShipTo address. First click on the "+" side of the "ADD/Delta" button. This opens the "Contacts Included Layout". The company information will automatically fill in on the top.
- The cursor will be blinking in the FName/MI field. Put "scott" as the first name.
- Tab, put "a" as Scott's middle initial.
- Tab, put "thomas" as Scott's last name.
- Tab, put "sales" as Scott's title.
- Tab, tab, put "350 e sampton st." as Scott's address1.
- For this exercise we are not going to do anything with address2.
- Tab, tab, put "minneapolis" as the city.
- Tab, put "mn" as the state.
- Tab, put "55118" as the zip code.
- Tab, leave USA as the country.
- Tab, put "6514849549space ext245" as Scott's personal phone line in the company. This will put keep Scott's personal phone number in here with his extension.
- Tab, put "6514849549" as Scott's fax number.
- Tab, put "email@example.com" as Scott's email address.
- Key words is used for the customer general page. The first four characters will show in the Popup on the customer general page. Let type in here "Cell".
Quick Tips: To get back to the customer Record page click on "Co Rec", the information that you put in the contact page will save. To copy the address from the Customer General page, click on "Co Info". The clip board is use to copy information to your clip board. You could also use Ctrl + C when you have a selection highlighted.
3. In the upper right hand corner of the "Contacts" record are check boxes for customization of the "Contact" record. John is the person to receive correspondence so we would check the "Letter List" check box. He is also the "Key Lead" for this Customer, check that box also.
4. We are going to add additional phone numbers for Scott. This is done in the Add' Phone section. Click on the "+" button on the right, the cursor will be blinking in the location. Type in "Cell", press Tab, type in the number 6514949549. Will auto format for you. Tab, and put in the note of "only call for emergencies".
- If you wanted to take a Contacts number out of your list you would put the cursor at the beginning of location, then click on the "-" button.
5. Know we want to put in additional comments on Scott, to put in our notes. Click on the Date/Time stamp, type in this comment " I talked to Scott and he is very interested in working with us."
6. Click "OK" in the Navigation Pallet to save and exit the record and return to the "General" page.