Creating Profile Indicators
The "Profile" section of the "Customer" record contains Programmable Profile Indicators. These profile fields are designed to speed entry of custom information and market profile. Creating popups for these fields adds additional speed, as well as the accuracy needed to use these fields in Searches, Sorts, and Reports.
1. Depts menu > Admin
2. Records menu > Popups
An Output layout opens, displaying many of the Popup menus that are used throughout the database.
3. Double Click on the record with the name of Profile 5. It opens already filled out.
4. Type in "Busy Season" for the name of this Profile.
5. The "Approved by" field is the person creating the record.
6. The "Approval date" can be the date the record was set up or modifyed.
7. Create the Popup lists in the "List" area. Click on the "List" area with the mouse. Using the "+" button (or key) add Items to the list. Type in the four seasons for the List.
8. Click the "OK" button in the Navigation Pallet. When the record is saved, return to the Output layout.
9. Click the "OK" buttom to return to the splash screen.
10. Go to the Sales dept. And open a "Customer" record. On the "General" page, Profile 5 now reads "Busy Season". Click and hold down on the Popup. The four seasons are listed.