Using Service Records
In various ares of CommerceExpert/WebClerk, actions to be taken can be recorded. In one of the first exercises, a "Service" record was created to mail a catalog to a new Customer. This exercise deals with locating and reporting an Employee's actions.
1. Choose: Review menu > My Sales and Service
The "My Sales and Service" record opens. Use the "Execute" button to Search for the records.
2. Select the Employee who's "Service" records are to be Searched. For this exercise, highlight the name Goodman.
3. Set the "Due Between" Dates to 11/3/97 to 11/5/97
4. Click the "Execute" button.
The Output layout on the top of the screens shows the Actions Goodman has scheduled for the date range. This list can be done from the screen, or it can be printed in either a full or partial page layout.
5. To see more details on the Action due, double click on the Action to open the "Service" record.
6. The Customer's information is at the top of the screen. Using the Navigation Pallet, you can also view this Customer's "Credit" and "Order/Invoice" pages. Using these pages from the "My Sales and Servcive" page gives the Employee quick access to any information he/she may need while contacting the Customer.
7. Click "OK" to leave either of the pages and return to the Customer's "Service" record, and then click "OK" again to return to the "My Sales and Service" page.
8. Click on the "Sum'ry" button to create and print a list of these Actions and some information pertaining to them.
9. Click "OK" to return to the Sales Splash Screen.