Adding an Order
There is more then one way to enter Orders. You can begin the process directly from a "Customer", " Lead" or "Proposal" record. If the process is initiated from a "Propasal" record you do not need to re-enter the Line Items. In this exersise we will enter the Order from the Sales Splash screen level.
A phone call has come in from Bob at Neifer's Golf. Bob needs to place an Order.
1. From the Sales splash screen GOTO Ords menu >> Add Order
A new "Order" record opens an Order number is automatically assigned from the counters set in the "Defaults" record.
2. The curser will be blinking in the "Customer" field. Type the first few letters of the Company name, in this exercise enter "Nei" then "Tab". If there is more then one Customer that starts with the letters entered, a list of choices will appear. Information from the "Customer" reocord will automatically fill. You may also use the phone, Account, or Zip to locate the Customer.
3. Bob said he would like to use his PO number 8956, enter this in the "Cust PO" field, the third field on the right hand side of the "Order" record.
4. He also told you that he saw the new line at the Atlanta Show. Setting the "Ad Source" field to Atl 8/94 from the Popup menu will allow the tracking of the business that came from the Show. This allows you to create reports to determine how profitable or unprofitable a certain ad campaign has been.
To learn more about Popups ReferenceThis<--Popup Editing-->
5. Bob would like to buy some Atlas Wood Tee-50. So your next step would be to put the item number in the Item field.
Hit Tab and the description of the prduct will fill in, with the cost and discounts, if there are any. Then we will want to put in the quantity, let say 25 for this examlpe.
BLQ means Back Log Quantity.
X this field you can check if you want to mark completed without receiveing anything ot shipping anything.
Description will tell you about the item they are ordering.
P Means the price point at which they are going to be charged. This box is case sensetive.
This time you don't know the Item number, because it is a golf Item you know it begins with gl
Enter "gl"in the Items field, bottom left of the Order Entry screen, and then hit "Return" key. This pulls up all the Items that begin with "gl"
Scroll down the list until you find the Item Prima II. Choose the Item by double clicking on it.
Enter the quantity 15.
Type the "+" key.
The next Item all the information you have is that the Item is a Spalding Elite 3 wood.
Enter Spalding into the Descript field. This pulls up all records with Spalding in the description.
Enter the quantity of 10
The Line Items are now entered. Clicking on the "=" sign will total the Order and add shipping charges for the pre-selected shipping method and Carrier. Bob's Order is now complete.
6. Bob would like this Order shipped to the Orlando store. From the left hand side of the screen, choose the Contact name that contains the Orlando address. A screen will appear asking you to confirm the change in address from the Customers main address to the Contacts shipping address. Click "OK".
If a new ShipTo or Contact address needs to be entered it can be done from this screen by clicking on the "+" side of the "+/Delta" button next ot the Contacts name area.
7. Bob says he needs this Order right away. So our next step is to Navigate to the "Credit/Admin" page of the "Customer" record using the Navigation Pallet. Click on the "STD Comments" Popup and Choose Rush.
"Universal" Comments is a message that is printed on every Invoice.
8. Click "OK" to save and exit the record. You will return to the last record, continue to click "OK" until you are back to the Splash Screen.