Through the Orders menu, Searching for an Order or a group of Orders is accomplished through this Menu. Once the selection is found, actions are taken on the records.
• Add Order... opens a new [Order] record for input. The following section steps through the fields in the [Order] record in detail.
• Open Last Order... locates the previously opened [Order] record. If an [Order] record hasn't been opened since opening CommerceExpert/WebClerk, no record opens.
• Show Open Orders... locates Orders that have not been completely Invoiced. This includes Orders waiting for Back Ordered Items, as well as totally unfilled Orders. An Output layout opens, listing all the open Orders.
• All/Show Orders... lists all [Order] records in the database in an Output layout. Selecting this menu from the Output layout of Order Lines or Customers will display the Orders those Order Lines or Customers.
• All/Show Order Lines... open an Output layout of all Order Lines. Selecting this menu from the Output layout of Orders or Customers will display the Order Lines for those Orders or Customers.
Note: Order Lines are normally locked.
• Search by Order #... opens a dialog box in which an Order number is typed. A Search is done to locate and open the [Order] record.
• Search by Customer PO #... opens a dialog box in which a Purchase Order number is typed. A Search is done to locate and open the [Order] record.
• Search by Need Date... opens a dialog box in which beginning and ending dates are entered. A Search for records whose need dates fall within the designated dates is run. Found [Order] records are listed in an Output layout.
• Search for Product... opens a dialog box to enter an Item number. When "OK" is clicked, a Search occurs for [Order] records that contain the specific Item. The [Order] records are then displayed.
When the Output list of Orders open, you can Search that selection further. You can also look at files related to the Orders. For example, Customer menu >> Show Customers. This opens a list of all Customers related to the Orders.
• Order Production... is a feature which is used to process Orders. This screen is designed to be used with a large monitor. It is the central traffic control center for Orders, POs WorkOrders and Shipping.
• Create Invoices... is used from an Output layout of a group of open Orders. This procedure creates an Invoice for each Order, shipping all possible Items.
• If there is a "Quantity On Hand" of 0 of a particular Item, it does not Invoice that Item. It is marked as "BackOrdered".
• If, in an [Item] record, the box "Backorder on New Invoices" is activated, the Item is marked as "BackOrdered".
• Commission Orders... is an Order screen designed specifically for organizations that Rep products and do not need to keep the detail on Line Items Ordered. The Order is processed as a dollar amount for the total Order. The commissions due to the User by the Manufacturer is tracked as well as the commissions owed to internal Salespeople. This screen allows processing from Order through payment.
• Add Proposal... opens a new [Proposal] record for data entry. The next section explains fields in the [Proposal] record in detail.
• Show Open Proposals... opens an Output layout of all Proposals in which the "Ppl Status" is "open".
• Search by Proposal #... opens a dialog box for the entry of a Proposal number. Type in a Proposal number and click "OK". The database searches for the Proposal. If the Proposal is found, it opens. If the Proposal cannot be found, a screen opens to informs you.
• All/Show Proposals... opens an Output layout of all Proposals in the database. Selecting this menu from the Output layout of Proposal Lines or Customers will display those Proposal Lines or Customers.
• All/Show Proposal Lines... opens an Output layout of all Proposal Lines. Selecting this menu from the Output layout of Proposals or Customers will display the Proposal Lines for those Proposals or Customers.
Note: Proposal Lines are normally locked.