This feature allows on line help for instructions or procedures that you have created as "Technical Notes". In the Admin dept > Records menu there is a file titled Technical Notes.
These "Technical Notes" can be created by you and contain instructions concerning your procedures.
This feature allows on line help for instructions or procedures that you have created as "Technical Notes". In the Admin dept > Records menu > Technical Notes.
Tech Note References, managing the manual
Play Movie: u2_TechN.MOV
These "Technical Notes" can be edited or created by you and contain instructions concerning your procedures.
Writing or Editing
Edit or write "Technical Notes" to meet your specific need.
1. Dept menu > Admin Dept > Records menu > Tech Notes
2. Add, search or edit these records as you would any normal record.
3. Enter the key values for the record.
4. Searchable fields are Name, Tech Note ID, Subject, Author, Chapter, FileID and Keywords.
5. Create Keywords by selecting words in the record which are seperated by a TAB, click the "Make key" button.
6. Enter a number greater than zero in Published if the Tech Note is to be published on the internet.
7. Buttons on screen left aid in formating as in the " jitManual" notes.
• m clears existing formats
• r formats to reference or keywords
• t formats titles
• n formats normal
• # formats first level indent
• • formats second level indent
8. Attach outside documents to the Tech Note by "Option"-"Clicking" on the "Launch" button.
9. Display outside documents by clicking on the"Launch" button.
Accessing Tech Notes
1. Dept menu >Tech Note Reference
An empty "Technical Note"will open.
2. Search for values by the "Bold" options or click on any word in the body of the Tech note while the "Hyper" button is checked.
3. Display outside documents by clicking on the "Launch" button.