Work Orders and the flow of production are based on three observations:
1. Judgment is still the most valuable commodity in the art of manufacturing.
2. Flow of production is in constant flux, making communicatons critical.
3. If alerted in time, given authority to act and held accountable, people will apply their judgments creating consistant productivity improvements.
This Tech Note introduces how CommerceExpert/WebClerk was developed to enhance the flow of production. It outlines the flow of production, the files available to store information and how records stored in these files can be used to enhance communications and prevent problems.
1. Production is a part of the overall effort to add as much practical value at the lowest practical cost to compete andto make a profit.
The entire enterprise program is Customer focued.
The product features are key to the ability to profit for both cost and quality control.
2. From the overall approach of taking care of the Customer, specific actions and who is responsible are assigned.
3. From Sales forecasts, Proposals and Orders the need for end products and their component Items can be viewed.
Exploding down the Bill of Materials makes it possible to view the date at which product will become available or unavailable.
In this feature set is also the ability to cut off the evaluation on a specific date, view just specific Items, issue PO's, go to existing PO’s and/or Sales Orders.
Low by Vendor allows you to view the current On Hand, on PO, and on Sales Order for products that might be short or those you wish to investigate.
PO’s or Work Orders can be issued to meet the production need.
PO’s have the same general features as Proposals, Order and Invoices.
Work Orders provide a way to detail the Items which need to be accomplished and who is assigned to makes sure it stays on track or communicate that there will be a work load problem far enough in advance that corrective measures can be taken.
Work Orders can be viewed in the "Work Load" window to identify potential bottlenecks.
Work Orders can be assigned to a specific Sales Orders to assure there is a clear understanding of what the Customer needs.
Times and material draws may also be tracked to specific Sales Orders.