It is possible to receive goods from within a PO or from within the Inship window. Both are available from within the Production Dept > PO menu.
Recieving within a PO
1. In the PO Line Items the Qty column indicates the quantity which was originally Ordered, while "Rec'd" indicates the quantity already received. In the example below 10 Items were Ordered and 3 received. Entering values in the "Rec'd" quantity will result in quantities received. When the "Rec'd" quantity is equal to or greater than the Qty on Order, the PO Line will be checked to indicate it is complete.
If the "Recieved by Change" is selected in the lower right of the "PO" window, receipts will be managed by the change in quantity verses the quantity received.
2. Check and confirm costing information if available.
3. When PO's are being received under a single Vendor PO, you may note the Vendor's Invoice on the right side of the screen.
4. The Receipt ID on the right of the screen may be used to track the receipts. Clicking on the "Receipt ID" will enter a unique ID number.
Recieving in Inship
1. Open the Inship window in the Production Dept > POs menu.
2. Enter the Change quantity.
3. Check and confirm costing information if available.
4. Use Reciept ID if desired.
1. Assure that the Vendor Invoice or Packing List references the PO being received.
2. Sign the Vendor Invoice or Packing List and note the quantities being recieved.
3. Compare the PO, Vendor Packing List and Invoice and assure a match.
4. Correct costing information with the "Inship Adjustment" window for freight and duty or in the PO for changes in costing.
5. Link the payable to the accounting system (the method depends on the accounting options used).
• Maintain an active watch on Open PO's.