New Purchase Order
This Tech Note explains how to add new Purchase Orders.
Production Dept > POs menu > Add PO…
From Any SplashScreen
Action Menu > Add Record (or "Command"-"N")
Choose "PO" for the list of available files.
1. Assuming the Vendor is listed in the program, enter the first few letters of their name, phone, zip or account in the "Matching Bold" field.
2. Press "Tab" or "Return" to initiate the Search.
3. If you do not get the desired Vendor, type fewer characters so the Search will return a possibly wider selection.
4. Click the "n" check box to create a new Vendor.
Complete the Vendor detailed information.
Check both pages of the Purchase Order for entering details.
5. Enter "ShipTo" for drop shipments (top right)
The "ShipTo" flag allows known addresses to be Searched and automatically entered.
You may type in an address if desired.
6. Choose a Carrier by pressing onthe "Blue Arrow" for a Popup menu.
8. Enter a Referenced Customer and Customer PO if desired.
This information will normally auto enter if you are creating a PO from a Sales Order.
7. Choose the "Terms" use Popup menu.
8. Enter the date the product or services are "Needed".
9. Enter the date the products must be shipped "ShipOn".
10. Enter desired "FOB".
11. Choose various "Action Date" and "Times", "Profiles" and "Order Status" on the right of the "General" screen.
Enter Line Items:
1. Click on "Green Plus" sign, type the "+" key or "Shift "+" to jump to the Item number "Searching" area at the top left of the Line Items included layout.
2. Enter first few characters of Item number, press "Tab".
If there is only one match the Item will be entered into the Line Item list,
• If no match, you will be asked if you wish to create an Item. See "QuickSteps for New Item entry".
Multiple choices will be listed in the bottom of the window. Select item from list in "Search" area if not inserted into Order. Use "Search" area to Search thoroughly for Items before adding new Item.
3. Complete the Line Item details, such as Quantity, Description, etc....
Double-clicking on a Line Item allows you add additional Line Item details.
4. Use the alternate Search capabilities in the lower left to find Items by Item number, Description, Manufacture's Item number, Type or Item Profiles 1 through 4.
Double clicking on a line will add it to the record.
Clicking on the "Order" button will add the selected lines to the record.
5. Use the "Special Item" buttons as needed:
"L" button Lists Item number details of On Hand, on Sales Order and on PO.
"S" button opens the Item Specification to display more product information.
"T" button to load Line Items from a TimeWand, Newton or other outside device or program.
The "Magnifying Glass" to show greater Item detail.
"Margin" button to show margins by line.
"p" button for previous purchase costs.
"f" button for the availability of the Item in its product flow.
"c" button for recent purchases from this Vendor.
"i" button for recent purchases of this Item from this Vendor.
Complete the document
1. Print the desired PO form.
2. Click "OK" to close the window or "Command"-"N" to close this PO and create a new PO.