Adding Sales Orders
This Tech Note explains how to add new Sales Orders.
lineDetail pfci NewCustomer
Order Entry Introduction
Play Movie: o1_Order.MOV
Check Credit, how to document
Play Movie: o2_Check.MOV
Entering Line Items
Play Movie: o3_Enter.MOV
Item Availability, how to check
Play Movie: o4_Item_.MOV
Item pfic Buttons and access to customer and item history
Play Movie: o5_Item_.MOV
Item Specification and Cross Referencing
Play Movie: o6_Item_.MOV
Item Search Options
Play Movie: o7_Item_.MOV
Item Details in Proposal, Orders, Invoices and PO's
Play Movie: o8_Item_.MOV
Shipping, how to calculated
Play Movie: o9_Shipp.MOV
Play Movie: oA_Payme.MOV
Purchasing Support, more sales, controlled costs
Play Movie: oB_Purch.MOV
Time, Material Draws and Work Orders, how to use them
Play Movie: oC_Time_.MOV
Order Entry Review
Play Movie: oD_Order.MOV
Sales Dept > Ords Menu> Add Sales Order
From Any SplashScreen
Action menu > Add Record (or "Command"-"N")
Choose Orders for the list of available files.
Manage Customers, Terms and Conditions
1. Assuming the Customer is listed in the program, enter the first few letters of their name, phone, zip or account in the "Matching Bold" field.
2. Press "Tab" or "Return" to initiate the Search.
3. If you do not get the desired Customer, type fewer characters so the Search will return a possibly wider selection.
4. Click the "n" check box to create a new Customer.
Complete the Customer detailed information.
Check both the "General" and "Shipping" pages for entering details.
5. Enter ShipTo for drop shipments (top right)
"ShipTo" flag allows known addresses to be Searched and automatically entered.
You may type in an address if desired.
Select a "ShipTo" from the list of Contacts and ShipTo Popups just below the "ShipTo" listing.
6. Choose a "Carrier" by pressing on the "Blue Arrow" for thePopup menu.
7. Enter the Customer's PO if known.
8. Confirm or choose the "Type Sale" as this will set the Price Point for goods and services.
9. Confirm or choose the "Terms" use Popup choice.
10. Confirm or choose the "Tax Jurisdiction" so taxes will accumulate to the correct account.
11. Confirm or choose the "Advertising Source" so credit will be assigned to the correct marketing effort.
12. Confirm or choose the "Sales Representative" so commissions will be properly managed.
13. Confirm or choose the "Sales Person" so contacts can be maintained and commissions properly managed.
14. Enter the "DateNeed" and "Time Need" and time the product or services.
15. Choose the Customers Contact who is placing the Order in the "Ord By field".
16. Confirm the "Taken By". This will default to the current User and defined when the Password was entered.
17. Set the "Status" of the Order.
18. Set who has current responsibility for the Order in "Prod'd By".
Enter Line Items:
1. Click on the "Green Plus" sign, type the "+" key or "Shift" "+" to jump to the Item number "Searching" area at the top left of the Line Items included layout.
2. Enter first few characters of Item number, press "Tab".
If there is only one match the Item will be entered into the Line Item list,
If no match, you will be asked if you wish to create an Item. See "QuickSteps for New Item Entry".
Multiple choices will be listed in the bottom of the window. Select Item from list in "Search" area
if not inserted into Order. Use the "Search" area to search thoroughly for Items before adding a new Item.
3. Complete the Line Item details, such as Quantity, Description, etc.
Double-clicking on a Line Item allows you add additional Line Item details.
4. Use the alternate Search capabilities in the lower left to find Items by Item number, Description, Manufacturer's Item number, Type or Item Profiles 1 through 4.
Double clicking on a line will add it to the record.
Clicking on the "Order" button will add the selected lines to the record.
5. Use the "Special Item" buttons as needed:
"L" button Lists Item number details of On Hand, on Sales Order and on PO.
"S" button Opens the Item Specification to display more product information.
"T" button To load Line Items from a TimeWand, Newton or other outside device or program.
Use the "Magnifying glass" to show greater Item detail.
Use the "Margin" button to show margins by line.
"p" button For previous purchase costs.
"f" button For the availability of the Item in its product flow.
"c" button For recent purchases by this Customer.
"i" button For recent purchases of this Item by this Customer.
Completing the Order
1. Print the desired Order Confirmation, Pick List or other form as desired.
2. Close the Order by clicking "OK" or "Command"-"N" for a new record.