Adding an Invoice
This Tech Note describes the process of adding an Invoice.
Add a new Invoice:
Dept Menu > Sales Department > Ords Menu >Add Invoice….
From any SplashScreen.
Action Menu > Add Record
Choose "Invoices" for the list of available files by double clicking or highlighting and clicking "OK".
Manage Customers, Terms and Conditions
1. Assuming the Customer is listed in the program, enter the first few letters of the Customer's Name, Phone, Zip or Account in the "Matching Bold" field.
2. Press "Tab" or "Return" to initiate the Search.
3. If you do not get the desired Customer, type fewer characters so the Search will return a possibly wider selection.
4. Click the "n" check box to create a new "Customer" record.
Complete the Customer detailed information.
Examine both the "General" and "Shipping" pages of the new record when entering details.
5. Enter "ShipTo" for shipments (top right)
The "ShipTo" flag allows known addresses to be Searched and automatically entered. The double vertical line next to the field label is your indication that this is a "Searching" field.
You may type in an address if desired.
Select a ShipTo from the list of Contacts from the ShipTo Popup menu's just below the ShipTo listing.
6. Choose a Carrier by pressing on the "Blue Arrow" for a Popup menu.
7. Enter the Customer's "PO Number", if known.
8. Confirm or choose the "Type Sale", as this will set the Price Point for Goods and Services.
9. Confirm or choose the "Terms" , using a Popup menu choice.
10. Confirm or choose the "Tax Juris" so taxes will accumulate to the correct account.
11. Confirm or choose the "Ad Source" so credit will be assigned to the correct marketing effort.
12. Confirm or choose the "Sales Rep" so commissions will be properly managed.
13. Confirm or choose the "Sales Person" so Contacts can be maintained and commissions properly managed.
14. Enter the "Packed By" as the person completing the shipment.
Enter Line Items:
1. Click on the "Green Plus" sign, type the "+" key or" Shift"- "+" to jump to the Item Number "Searching" area at the top left of the "Line Items" included layout.
2. Enter first few characters of the Item Number, press "Tab".
If there is only one match the Item will be entered into the "Line Item" list.
If no match, you will be asked if you wish to create an Item. See "QuickSteps for New Item" entry.
Multiple choices will be listed in the bottom of the window. Select an Item from the list in the "Search" area if not inserted into the Order. Use the "Search" area to Search thoroughly for locating Items before adding a new Item to avoid double entry of an Item.
3. Complete the "Line Item" details, such as Quantity, Description, etc....
Double-clicking on a "Line Item" allows you add additional details to the "Item" record.
4. Use the alternate Search capabilities in the lower left to find Items by Item number, Description, Manufacturer's Item Number, Type or Item Profiles 1 through 4.
Double clicking on a line will add it to the record.
Clicking on the "Invoice" button will add the selected lines to the record.
5. Use the "Special Item" buttons as needed:
"L" button Lists Item number details of Qty On Hand, on Sales Order and on PO.
"S" button opens the item Specification to display more product information.
"T" button lets you load Line Items from a TimeWand, Newton or other outside device or program.
"Magnifying glass" button shows greater Item detail.
"Margin" button to show profit margins by Line Item.
"p" button for "Previous Purchase Costs".
"f" button for the availability of the Item in its "Product flow".
"c" button for recent purchases by this "Customer".
"i" button for recent purchases of this Item by this "Customer".
Completing the Invoice
1. Print the desired Invoice, Packing List or other form as desired.
2. Close the Invoice by clicking "OK" or by using" Command"-"N" to create a new record.