Add a Proposal
This Tech Note describes the process of Adding a proposal.
lineDetail pfci NewCustomer
Add a new Proposal:
Dept menu >> Sales Dept >> Ords menu >> Add Proposal
Action menu > Add Record or "Command"-"N"
Choose "Proposals" for the list of available files.
Manage Customers, Terms and Conditions
1. Assuming the Customer is listed in the program, enter the first few letters of their Name, Phone, Zip, or Account in the "Matching Bold" field.
2. Press "Tab" or "Return" to initiate the Search.
3. If you do not get the desired Customer, type fewer characters so the Search will return a possibly wider selection,
4. Click the "N" check box to create a new Customer.
Complete the Customer detailed information.
Check both the "General" and "Shipping" pages for entering details.
5. Enter "ShipTo" for drop shipments (top right)
"ShipTo" flag allows known addresses to be Searched and automatically entered. The double vertical lines next to the field label are your indication that this is an "Auto-Search" field.
You may type in an address if desired.
Select a "ShipTo" from the list of Contacts and Shipto Popup menu's just below the "ShipTo" listing.
6. Choose a "Carrier" by pressing onthe "Blue Arrow" for a Popup menu.
7. Enter the "Customer PO" number, if known.
8. Confirm or choose the "Type Sale" as this will set the Price Point for Goods and Services.
9. Confirm or choose the "Terms" using a Popup menu choice.
10. Confirm or choose the "Tax Juris" so taxes will accumulate to the correct account.
11. Confirm or choose the "Ad Source" so credit will be assigned to the correct marketing effort.
12. Confirm or choose the Sales "Rep" so commissions will be properly managed.
13. Confirm or choose the "Sales" Person so Contacts can be maintained and commissions properly managed.
14. Enter the "DateProposed".
15. Enter the date the Customer says they need it in "Date Need'd".
16. Enter the date you actually expect the Customer to make a decision into the "Date Expt'd" field.
17. Enter the probability of winning the Proposal if you wish to use the "Forecasting" feature.
18. Set the "Status" of the Proposal.
19. Enter the period for which the Proposal shall be valid in the "Days Valid" field.
20. Enter the "Days Lead" time which will be required from the day the Customer places an Order until you can reasonably deliver that Order.
Enter Line Items:
1. Click on the "Green Plus" sign, type the "+" key or "Shift"- "+" to jump to the "Item Number" Searching area at the top left of the Line Items included layout.
2. Enter first few characters of Item Number and press "Tab".
If there is only one match the Item will be entered into the "Line Item" list,
If no match, you will be asked if you wish to create an Item. See QuickSteps for" New Item" Entry.
Multiple choices will be listed in the bottom of the window, and nothing will have been entered into the form; select an Item from the list in the "Search" area and double-click on it to include that Item. In general, use the "Search" area to Search thoroughly for Items before adding a new Item.
3. Complete the Line Item details, such as" Quantity", "Description", etc.
Double-clicking on a Line Item that has already been added to your form allows you enter additional details for that Line Item (double clicking while an Item is in the "Search" field merely selects that Item).
4. Use the alternate Search capabilities in the lower left to find Items by Item Number, Description, Manufacture's Item Number, Type, or Item Profiles 1 through 4.
Double clicking on a line will add it to the record.
Clicking on the "Order" button will add the selected Lines to the record.
5. Use the "Special Item" buttons as needed:
"L" button lists Item Number Details of Qty on Hand, Sales Orders, and on POs.
"S" button opens the Item Specification to display more product information.
"T" button to load Line Items from a TimeWand, Newton or other outside device or program.
Use the "Magnifying Glass" to show greater Item detail.
Use the "Margin" button to show Profit Margins by Line Item.
"p" button for previous Purchase Costs.
"f" button for the availability of the Item in its Product Flow.
"c" button for recent purchases by this Customer.
"i" button for recent purchases of this Item by this Customer.
Completing the Order
1. Print the desired Proposal or other form as desired.
2. Close the Order by clicking "OK" or "Command"-"N" for a new record.