QuickReport Product Sales
This tech note deals with creating a QuickReport using the "Usage" and "Item" records. Below are steps to be taken to create a report that will combine the current status of your "Item" record with the history of the Item for a period of time.
All Tallies have been run for the desired period of time.
1. File menu > Print Quick Report...
2. Choose "Usage" as the file to be reported on.
3. Use the "Change Current Selection" button to use the "Search Editor" to find the desired records. Click on the "OK" button.
4. The "QuickReport Editor" opens. Fields from both the "Item" record and the "Usage" record will be used in this report.
When the "QuickReport Editor" opens the "Usage" File's fields are displayed in the field list. To change to the "Item" File, click and hold down between the Arrows at the top of the fields list and choose "Item".
A "Break" row is added the report and the "ItemNum" as the field for the Sort.
5. File menu > Page Setup, adds title, page numbers and dates top your report.
6. File menu > Save , saves this report so it is available to print on a regular basis. Name the report "QR[Usage] Product Sales".