WebClerk Local Testing
The following explains the process of testing WebClerk on a local machine. Since WebClerk is a pre-packaged WebServer, it can be tested from your own machine with your browser, without accessing the internet. This is a distinct advantage of the software.
Play Movie: i6_WebCl.MOV
Ensure a web browser is installed such as Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer.
1. Launch CommerceExpert/WebClerk_WebClerk.
2. Goto >>Admin Dept >> WebClerk menu >> WebClerk_Prefs (shown below).
3. For local testing, you may use the values already assinged. The number of "Processes" should be set to 4 or 5 for testing and 18 - 20 for an operational server. "Port" must be set to "80". Click "OK" to save the changes.
4. GOTO WebClerk menu> > WebClerk_Start_Stop to start WebClerk as a Web server. The jit server log will now appear. This log shows who has been viewing your web site. You can hide your log by clicking "hide log". To view the server log again, GOTO WebClerk>>WebClerk Log.
5. Open your web browser.
6. You do not need to be online to perform this test.
7. In the "Location" or "address" box of the browser, enter http://127.0.0.1 to call the local machine directly, or the "IP Address" for the computer running webClerk if you are on a network. IF the website does not appear on the screen, return to WebClerk and very that the server has been started and the log has received your address.
8. WebClerk will serve the browser.