Linked items allows associated items to be displayed when selecting an item in Orders or on the Web. Linked items display in the lower item list on Orders, Proposals, Invoices and PO's. Linked items display on the item page at a web site (You must set references on the web page to display linked items).
Linked Items, offering associated items when someone selections an item
Play Movie: v8_Linke.MOV
1. GoTo Review menu >> Quick Quotes.
2. Search for the items you want to link.
3. Highlight the desired items in the list.
4. Change process to the Main process.
5. Goto Production Department >> Items menu >> Search by Item Num.
6. Find the item that is to be linked to.
7. GoTo the Usage page in the Item Record.
8. Click the "QQ pull" button. The items highlighted in the Quick Quote window will be posted to the items X-Ref records.
9. Enter in the quanities.
10. Double Click on a XRef to open it. Assure there is a Quantity and the Action field value. The Action field sets the behavior or the XRef.
• Action = "Extend_XRef" automatically multiplies the item quanitity for the main item times the quanitity for the XRef item.
• Action = "Extend_Entry" allows the user to enter a quantity for the XRef item, then multiplies that quantity by that listed in the XRef record.
• No action will disregard any user input.
11. Check the Linked check box on the General page of the Item record. Make sure this is referenced on the Item page.
This sets the quantity of the main item as the base for