Invoice Balances from Insight A/R
This Technical Note explains how to get the outstanding Invoice balances from Insight 's A/R module Imported into CommerceExpert/WebClerk. This does not bring in the Line detail of the Invoices but allows you to have accurate outstanding balances for each Customer and make payments within CommerceExpert/WebClerk.
You are familiar with the Export feature in Insight.
You are familiar with the Import feature in CommerceExpert/WebClerk.
You have Imported your Customers from Insight's A/R module.
Steps to Import Invoices into CommerceExpert/WebClerk
1. From Insight Export - Aged Detail export the following fields: Account Code, Name, Date, Invoice Code, Invoice Amount,Transaction Type and Balance.
2. Open in Excel (or other spread sheet application). Sort by transaction type. Eliminate the Payments (you may need to import open payments into the payments file also). Then Sort by balance, getting rid of any Invoices with a balance of 0.00.
3. Add a column next to Invoice Amount and duplicate the amounts from the Invoice amount into the new column.
4. Close the file. Make sure it is still saved as Text.
5. Open the "Import Editor". Click on the "Open Import File" and open the Text document you just saved. Set it up the "Import" fields. Click the "Load next Record" button to load in the first data record. Click on the "Save All" button, estimate the number of records being brought in and Import.