Backup, Mirroring and Restore
The server has a built in backup/mirroring feature.
Backup makes an archive copy of the data (and other desired files). This file must be restored to be used.
Mirroring makes a duplicate of the data so if there is a failure, you switch to a backup server which has the mirrored data file and restart operations. Generally mirroring is done on large data files.
Setup Backup and Mirroring
1. Make sure there is a backup.4DX and restore.4DX in the Mac4DX and Win4DX folders. The Win4DX folders and the Mac4DX folder on windows machines will have a corresponding .RSR files.
2. Start the jitServer. The Backup and Mirroring window will open.
3. Check the features to be activated.
4. Click on the clock button to set the date and time of the next action.
6. Use the Backup menu to set additional defaults.
a. Choose the location for the backups/mirror.
b. Choose what is to be backed up. Recommendation, backup the data only.
c. Number of set keeps the backups from over running the capacity of the backup drive. Use the Project menu to delete the oldest archive before backup.
6. Under the Project menu select additional preferences.
6. Force a backup by clicking on the Backup button. This will create the log file.