Importing GL Accounts
This Technical Note explains how to import "GL Account Codes" into CommerceExpert/WebClerk. Within the accounts file these accounts can be viewed for reference.
Establishing the GL Accounts
1. If you currently have an accounting software program with an Export feature, Export the "Chart of Accounts" from the program. Open the "Exported" file with a spreadsheet program.
If you do not have access to your "Chart of Accounts" or are not currently using a program with a "Chart of Accounts", simply open a spreadsheet program.
2. Enter or modify the "Chart of Accounts" so the following fields are defined for each account:
Account Code The account code is any alphanumeric string of not more than 20 characters.
Account Name The name of the account, not more than 35 characters.
Type of Account Specific the type of account.
3. The spreadsheet information would look as follows. Save the spreadsheet as a "Text" file.
Importing the Chart of Accounts
1. File menu > Import General
2. Choose GL Accounts for the file into which you are Importing.
3. Click on the "Open Import File" button and open the file you saved above as a "Text" file.
4. The titles of the fields are first be displayed. Match them to the fields in the "GL Accounts" file.
5. When the fields are lined up click on the "Save All" button. Estimate the number of records.
6. When all the records have Imported, click the "Close Window" button.
Viewing the GL Accounts
The Chart of Accounts is displayed on the second page of the "Accounts Record".
1. Admin Dept > Records menu > Accounts
2. Go the the "Pay Types" page of the "Account" record. The accounts are listed at the bottom of the page.