BOM, Accounting for changes
This describes the procedure for accounting for inventory values which are affected when Items are changed throught the "Bill of Material" feature.
1. Create "Item" records for Parent and Child Items.
2. Items must have their Distribution of Accounts established.
"Item record", "General Page", right side.
The Inventory Account is the key field.
Changes will only register if there is a difference in GL Account between the "Item" Record and the Item's parent components.
3. Establish the Bill of Materials for Parent Items.
BOM page of the "Item" record.
Use QuickQuote to assist in seaching for and adding Items to the BOM.
Bill of Materials
1. Use: Production Dept > Items menu > Bill of Materials to change inventory in the Adjust Inventory window.
Make the desired change in Quantity for an Item.
Click the "BOM" button in the lower right to build the Parent and consume the Child Items or enter a negative number to shread a Parent and create Child Items.
2. Enter a location of -1111 in an Invoice to cost, build the listed Item from its components and consume the components to the first level of the BOM.
3. Enter a location of -1112 in an Invoice to cost, build the listed Item from its components and consume the components to the root level of the BOM.
Automatically from Invoices
Location TypeID Reason Explanation
-1111 BM Inv 1child automatically executes a BOM build for the first level Bill of Materials when an Invoice is saved.
-2222 BM Inv Mchild automatically executes a BOM build to the root level Bill of Materials when an Invoice is saved.
This change in inventory value is not reflected in the Sales or Purchase Journals. To account for this change:
Account for Materials Drawn
1. Admin dept > Acct menu > Create Bill of Matl Jrnls
The date range window will open.
2. Enter the date range and click "OK".
The database will be searched for "dInventory" records which were created in that date range and which have a TypeID of BM.
BM for Bill of Materials.
CommerceExpert/WebClerk will prepare a spreadsheet as shown below.
3. Confirm the accuracy of the findings.
4. Make changes as needed and post the variations to the General Ledger.
5. Spread sheets are saved the the "TallyResults" file.
[TallyResults]Name Name of the File
6. Click the "Launch" button to recall the report.