End of Month Reports (Samples)
This gives samples of reports to run at the end of the month. These can be used as a starting point and modifications made to fit your particular business.
Locating the correct invoices:
1. Actions menu > Search...
2. Select "Invoices" as the file being searched.
3. Create a Search to locate all Invoices for the desired time frame. For example, all Invoices for the month of January 1997.
4. Click on the "Execute" button when you are ready to initiate the Search.
6. Click on the "OK" button to open the Output screen, listing the Invoices.
Creating the Quick Report:
1. With the list of Invoices open: File menu > Print QuickReport...
This opens the "QuickReport Editor".
2. For example the following fields can be used: DateShipped, InvoiceNum, Company, SalesNameID, LineItems(QtyShipped), LineItems(ItemDescription), Amount, and TotalCost.
3. To create a "Profit" column, a formula was used. To put in a formula, first insert a column then choose: Other menu > Edit a Formula....
4. Click on the field "Amount", click on the "-" under keywords and then click on the field "TotalCost". Click "OK" and return to the "QuickReport Editor". Then label the column as "Profit".
5. Since we want to subtotal the Invoices by Customer we need to sort by the Company field. Grab the "Sort" icon and drag it to the "Company" column and release it. Add a "Break" row so the data will Subtotal.
6. In the example "Sum" was used in the "Subtotal" and "Total" rows of the "Amount", "Cost" and "Profit" column..
7. File menu > Page Setup has selections to change the report to print sideways and add a title.
8. You may need to shrink the size of the report or turn off the "Auto Column Width" to get it to fit on the paper.
9. When you have the "QuickReport" formatted as you want, choose: File menu > Save. You will be asked to name the report and save it to a folder. Save it to the " jit Report's" folder and name it "QR [Invoices] Sales by Customer".
This allows you to pull up this report at a later date and eliminates setting up the format each time.
Sales Reports - Total by Salesperson
Because this report is basically the same as the one shown above, all that is needed is to change the Sort.
1. Open the report "QR [Invoices] Sales by Customer", if it is not already opened.
2. File menu > Save As name the new report "QR [Invoices] Sales by Salesperson".
3. Other menu > Delete Last Sort
This eliminates the Sort by Customer.
4. Add a Sort to the "SaleNameID" column.
5. File menu > Page Setup... and change the title of the report.
6. File menu > Save
Cost /Profit of Sales - Total by Category
The "Usage" file is used to print out the Sales information by category.
1. Actions menu > Search....
The "File Selection" box opens.
2. Highlight "Usage" to select it as the file being Searched.
3. Click on the "Change Selection" button to open the "Search Editor".
4. Create a Search to locate all "Usage" records for the desired time frame. In the example, all "Usage" records for the month of January 1991 were found.
5. Click on the "OK" button when you are ready to initiate the Search. The Search occurs and you will return to the "File Selection" box. The "Current Selection" is the "Usage" records that were located.
6. Click on the "OK" button to open the Output screen, listing the "Usage" records.
Creating the "QuickReport":
1. File menu > Print QuickReport...
to open the "Quick Report Editor".
2. For this report pull over the following fields: ItemNum, SalesQtyActual, SalesActual, CostActual.
3. Insert a column for a formula. Add the formula "SalesActual - CostActual" to get the profit column.
4. Add the "Total" rows of Sales $, Cost $ and Profit $.
5. Save the Report as "QR[Usage] Cost/ Profit by Category.
This report uses the Items file for the report.
1. Locate the desired Items for the report. If all Items are desired, simply choose: Items menu > All Items". This opens a Output screen of all the Items.
2. File menu > Print Quick Report... to open the "Quick Report Editor".
3. For example if the following fields were chosen: ItemNum, Description, QtyOnHand, and StdCost.
4. The formula is "QtyOnHand * StdCost".
5. Save the "QuickReport" as "QR[Items] Balance/Value".
Sales Tax / Freight by Tax Jurisdiction
1. As in the other reports locate the Invoices for the time frame for the report.
2. When you have an Output screen of the Invoices choose : File menu > Print QuickReport... .
3. The report should have the following fields on it: TaxJuris, InvoiceNum, DateShipped, Company, SalesTax, ShipTotal, Total.
4. A Sort should be created on the "TaxJuris" field and a "Break" row created for the Subtotal of each Jurisdiction.
Salesman Commission Report
An internal report is built into the program that will give you a commission report based on paid Invoices for a period of time selected by you.
1. File menu > Print Defined Reports.... Select "Employees" as the file for the report. Click on the "All" button and the "OK".
2. Double click on "Commission Report" from the list of defined reports. When the "Search Editor" opens click on "Cancel".
3. Type in the desired dates for the report. If you want a report on just one Salesperson highlight their name otherwise a report prints for each of the Salespeople.
4. Click on "OK" to initiate the report.
Other reports can be created with the "QuickReport Editor" to give you further information on the commission and profitability of each of the Invoices for the period of time. These reports would be created similar to the earlier reports defined in the Tech Note.
A/R Aging Report
Included in the CD that was sent with CommerceExpert/WebClerk there is a folder titled "jit Reports". Within that folder you should find an "QuickReport" already designed as an aged report.
Prior to running an aged report you should run the process "Tally Receivables" for all your Customers. This process is located in the Admin Dept > Tally menu. This updates each record as to the balance due and the proper age.
1. After the Tally is run, select all the Customers. (sometimes I do a Search for all Customers who's balance is not 0)
2. File menu > Print Quick Report... opens the "QuickReport Editor".
3. File menu > Open
Locate and double click on the "QuickReport" titled "QR [Cust] Aged Rec".
4. Print the report.
Statements by Customer
Included within CommerceExpert/WebClerk is a statement that can be printed for the selection of Customers.
1. Find all or a group of Customer for whom you wish to print a statement. They can be listed in an Output screen, if there are more than one, or you can be within a particular "Customer's" record and print a statement.
2. File menu > Print Defined Reports
3. Double Click on "Statement" to initiate the printing.
GL Summary by Accounting Codes
When Sales and Cash Journals are created and then Exported a "Text" file is created containing both the detailed information and a summary. These text documents can be opened in a word processing (such as Word) or spread sheet (such as Excel) application and printed.
Another option is locating Journals for a particular period of time and creating a "QuickReport".
1. Action menu > Search
Select either SalesJrnl or CashJrnl, depending on your needs. Using the "Change Selection" button and the "Search Editor" locate the desired Journals.
2. When the Journal Lines have opened in an Output screen, create a "QuickReport" with the desired information.