Journal Transfer to Insight G/L
This Technical Note explains setting up the format in Insights G/L module and the procedure to transfer Sales, Cash and Purchase Journals to the General Ledger.
Your data is set up using "Account Codes" common in both Insights "G/L Journals" and CommerceExpert/WebClerk.
You are familiar with Insight's Import capabilities.
Insight GL Set up
In Insight G/L you set up templates for recurring imports.
1. File menu > Import .
2. Highlight "Master General Journal Template". Click the "Duplicate" button.
3. Click on the "Edit" button. Rename the template as "Journal Import" from CommerceExpert/WebClerk.
4. When the Import order is correct. Click the "Save" button.
Exporting Journals from CommerceExpert/WebClerk
The Sales, Cash and Purchase Journals should be created prior to trying to transfer them. If you are unfamiliar with creating the Journals refer to "Create Sales Journals" in CommerceExpert/WebClerk manual.
1. Admin Dept > Acct menu > G/L Journals to Insight
2. A dialog box opens. An automatic Search has been run to locate all" Journals" that have not been exported.
3. As you click "OK", a dialog box opens. A default name appears and the " jitAudit" is the folder chosen for the location. Please note the default name and location.
Importing Journals into Insight G/L
1. File menu > Import.
2. Highlight the Import script named "Journal Import from CommerceExpert/WebClerk. Click on "Import".
3. A dialog box opens for you to select the file to be Imported. Highlight the above named file and click on "Import".
4. The procedure runs. At the completion a summary appears on the screen informing you of the success of the Import.
Open the "General Journal" to see and post the "ImportedJournal".