Re-Creating Sales Journals
This Technical Note explains the steps needed to re-create Sales Journals from Invoices that have already been made into SalesJournals. This is not a normal procedure and would be used as a corrective measure.
Possible circumstances for doing this are:
1. You do not have the text document that is created with the Sales Journal.
2. You Journalized Invoices that combined two different months and it needs correcting.
You are familiar with CommerceExpert/WebClerk software
You are familiar with creating Sales Journals
Locate and modify the Sales Journals
1. It is assumed here that Sales Journals have been created that need to be recreated. Locate these Journals and open them in an Output screen. Locating can be done by choosing: Action menu > Search . The criteria used depends on the information you have on the Journals. If they were Journals created on one particular day, search by "DateProcessed" is equal to that date.
2. When the Output screen of the Sales Journals is open choose: File menu Print QuickReport.... Create a QuickReport. This gives you a paper audit to match with the the Journal when you recreate it.
3. With the Output screen still open choose: Action menu > Apply to Selection . Because we do not want to export both these Journal Lines and the Journal Line we are going to recreate we need to 'fool' the system into thinking they have been exported. Apply "1" to "LinkedAcct" and put some kind of notation in the notes field so you are not confused at a later date when reviewing the Sales Journals.
Un-do "Journal Complete" field in the Invoices
When an Invoices has been "Journalized" there is a field within the "Invoice" record that switches from "false" to "true". This field is titled "JrnlComplete".
1. Locate and open an Output screen of all the Invoices involved in the Journal (s) to be recreated. This can be done using: Action menu > the Search. This may be all the Invoice for a month or a day depending on your situation.
2. Action menu > Apply to Selection feature and change the "JrnlComplete" field to false.
3. Now these Invoices are ready to be Journalized again. Tally menu > Create Sales Journals. All Invoices with "JrnlComplete" as "False" will automatically be located.
Note: if there are other Invoices than those we've changed above (if for instance you have Invoiced for the next month) you must eliminate them from the found Invoices. You can do this using the "Change Selection" button. Then recreate your Journal.