4D Server Utilities
This Tech Note explains the setting required to run CommerceExpert/WebClerk. with 4th Dimension Server 1.02 using Customize Plus, Sorting using 4D Tools, data recovery and re-indexing using 4D Tools.
You have 4D Server.
You have read and understand 4D Server and Utilities Guides.
You have licensed CommerceExpert/WebClerk.
You installed 4D Server on your hard drive and located the "Utilities Tally menu folder created as part of the installation.
Setting-up using Customizer Plus™
1. Launch "Customizer Plus", version 2.02 (current revision as of this Tech Note).
NOTE: The only indication you have that "Customize Plus" launched is that the menu bar changes. If you click on the screen during startup under Multi-Finder or System 7, the Finder or other application will come to the front hiding the fact that you have successfully launched "Customizer". If you are unsure if the utility launched, press on the icon in the upper right of the screen to show the applications which are currently running. Choose "Customize Plus" to bring it to the front.
2. File menu > Open
Navigate to and open 4D Server (after completing the Server, modify the Clients). A window will open for customizing your version of 4D Server (and Clients).
3. Double click on the "Stack" Icon.
4. Double all the values listed. Change 16's to 32, etc....
5. Close window.
6. If the Client is to be run on the same computer as the Server, double click on the "Preferences" icon. Click on the "Same Machine" check box.
Setting default window size with Customizer Plus™
Use this procedure to reset the window size when 4D Clients are launched if the current default size does not match the screen size of your computer.
1. Launch "Customizer Plus", version 2.02 (current revision as of this tech note).
2. Follow the instructions on page 1-9 of the "Customizer Plus" manual.
4D Server does not support sorting files with the Admin Dept > Records menu > Sort Files command in the CommerceExpert/WebClerk. To permanently sort files you must use....................
7. File menu > Quit