Adding Counters to a Database
This is a highly technical feature and is placed here only for a high level tech support person.
Deleting the Old Counter Records
1. Hold down the "Control" and "Command" key while switching from Sales dept to Admin dept. This is a way to get into parts of the program that normally are unavailable.
2. Data menu > Delete Current Selection
3. Choose "Counters" from the file selection. Click on the "Change Selection" button.
4. Choose" File Title" "is greater than or equal to" and leave the "Text" area blank. Click "OK".
5. The current selection should now be all the "Counter" records. Click the "Delete" button.
6. Quit CommerceExpert/WebClerk and then restart. As the program opens it will build new counters, putting in the titles.
7. File menu > Show Defaults
Go to "Options" page of the "Default" record. The counters are set at the beginning numbers.
8. Click on the "Set High" button. This procedure looks at the highest counter number used and adds one number to it.
9. Go out of the "Default" record and open it again. You will see the counters are now set at higher numbers.